Wednesday, August 10, 2011

For love, for life, for happiness :)

I normally don't share my poetry on this blog but I suppose I can make a little exception for this one. I believe that I am indeed one of the lucky ones. To be in love, to be loved back the same way, its almost unreal. This is my tribute to life, my stars and my love that I'm so incredibly grateful for. 

I sit here
Your arms of yesterday, so warm, s
o soft, so comforting still
Around me, in my mind. I smiled
Your gaze of yesterday still adorns my eyes
Love overflowed from your eyes,your eyes
Moist with love,I almost cried
Your silent smile
Spoke volumes,ten thousand million words
That u nor I could ever manage to say
In this life time.
I drowned
In ur love,
Right then,right there
I was already home
You said you couldn't bear to let go
Even for a second and held me tighter
Against your chest,your heart
Pulsating for me,all
For me.Your eyes
Smiled and whispered
A life time of love.My heart sang
I could have died then and there. 
Heaven within my arms reach
You whispered,"you are mine"
Your voice hoarse with emotion.I closed my eyes
You turned my face towards yours,there were tears in your eyes
"I love you so much" you said"you-my woman,my child,my life"
"Thank you so much" I asked why

"For this love,for this feeling" you said and smiled
Squeezed and tickled,your embrace of yesterday
still fresh,still lucid
Still warm on my skin,your kisses
Still wet, love sprouts

Bubbles and tingles
I am all smiles. I somehow
Could not stop smiling
You are mine.

Life is beautiful if you only let it be. That being said, romantic love is not the only elixir that determines your happiness, self-love, love for your kith and kin, simply the love for life being some of the many things that can make one glow. These are not the words of a love-struck hopelessly-romantic. These are the words of a disillusioned girl who once upon a time DECIDED to be happy :)

No comments: