Friday, May 25, 2012

Dream blog

I had the strangest dream last night.

I dreamt that I was a child of the soil, smelling of wet sand, broken flower petals and sprouting kernels, embedded deep within the rich soils of the earth. My hair was knotted in clay and my cloths....well, I barely had any on. My parents were the earth, they took every blow that was dealt to them, took all the insults, the attacks but still stood solid and supporting beneath my feet. My ancestors were the trees. They spread their branches over my head, kept me well rooted and nourished me with their fruits. My friends and relations were the wind. They brought the sun and the rain, they made the flowers bloom, they made the trees pregnant with fruit, they brought pleasant fragrances and along with that, happiness, a happiness that is pure and raw in its very form. The open skies spread out above me, the clouds were reflected in a nearby lake and it looked as if they had come down for a leisurely swim. The grounds were open for me to run free, I was elated, I was light, both in body and mind. It felt peaceful. I felt free.

Maybe it had something to do with my recent urge to break free and flee from all this, leave everything behind, liberate myself from all that is keeping me weighed down and unhappy. Yes, this impending sense of doom, a disintegration that is very painful and unexpected had been quite an issue lately as it just saddens me to see something so beautiful go to the gutter because of absolute indifference. My constant need to salvage this integration has wrought me miserable I suppose and I think in a way, that the dream was symbolic of me letting go finally, letting go of this weighty responsibility of salvaging what is left. It must be a reflection of me finally accepting the fickle ways of life and realizing that I alone must not bear this weight and my intense desire to reconnect with nature which I had been feeling quite strongly since of late. Nevertheless, I had been having quite a lot of strange dreams lately. Some very pleasant, some not so pleasant.

Maybe I should start a dream blog.....................Hmmmm.............

No comments: