Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Ponderings

The Lady Grouch has not grouched in quite a long time, now has she?

And I'm wondering why that is. I suppose the Lady is quite happy with the way things are right now. The past couple of weeks have not been so good (not so good as in not wanting to even blog about it not-good) with regards to certain very necessary things but right now, after a weekend well spent and some long conversations, things are pretty much sparkly. The universe is in its rightful place again :)

Another reason for the upsy-perkiness must be because there are also a lot of new things in the Lady's life. I suppose the old Grouch is quite happy as long as there's always something new to keep her on her toes. Work is exciting and I believe that I'm quite blessed to run in to like-minded wackjobs wherever I set foot in, be it a workplace or a class I decide to take. Anyhooooooo, I've realized of late that life's pretty darn awesome when you learn to savor every moment as if it is your last whether it be good or bad.

I find travelling time relaxing. Although people find it irritating and end up getting frustrated when spending hour upon hour in traffic jams, I find it an enjoyable exercise. Everyday to work and from work, it is my thinking time and I do NOT appreciate being disturbed during that time. Even if the roads are crowded and vehicles are jam packed on the streets, I always go prepared. With a book and my music, I'm fully loaded and quite content to spend those cherished moments escaping in to my own mind where I take refuge.

Life has proved itself to be one adrenalin evoking adventure, I am quite excited to test my surfing skills on those intimidating tidal waves that life bashes against the shores from time to time. I suppose I define myself as well geared up to take up anything lanced at me and quite enthusiastic about it too. I'm not particularly fussy about things and go with the flow has always been my motto. It has worked very well so far *shrug*

I am learning everyday and I lap it all up with more eagerness than a hungry dog would lap up spilt milk. Its amazing though how quickly the mind and body gets used to routine and procedure. Well what do you know, we are highly obedient, program-able robots after all!

Planning to head for the Richmond Castle over the weekend. This is a long overdue trip that was intended to be made about one year ago when I first heard of the place. Suddenly remembered of it just yesterday. Stumbling across a few pictures of it on the web about a year ago aroused my curiosity and prompted me to find out more after which I came across fascinating stories, more pictures and many other tidbits that only added kerosene to the fire. I have a fetish for old places anyway, they have this aura bout them, this air of secrets concealed and lives spent between those slowly decaying walls. There is a beauty in decay that many people tend to overlook but which I find ever so fascinating. What with my trusty ol camera eagerly awaiting a snap or two at those grandiose colonial arcs, I have already spoken to a reluctant Darling about dragging his lazy behind down there. He better agree or it'l be a solitary ramble down there, which now that I think about it, doesn't sound so bad after all.

Apparently, the master bedroom of the Richmond Castle has a sound proofing device. The Mudaliyar old fellow must have seen some tree-wrenching action back in his days *eye brow wiggle* :D    

All the positivism aside, I do have certain things to grouch about too. First and foremost there's this issue about messiness that Mother Dearest finds very irritating but which I find to be completely normal. I've always been a messy kid, its a part of my nature I suppose. So every now and then when I come home in the evening I find my room swept and organized and I find it really odd. I like my mess. Its my mess. I do not want anybody messing up my mess :/

Same applies to when I cook. I am a messy cook and Mother Dearest never ceases complaining. But then again, they say that a messy cook is a good cook, a clean house is a sign of wasted life and a messy room is a sign of a genius at work!!! My mother never understands any of my logic though. Sigh...................

And my poetry collection is quite passive these days too. Sigh...........Hoping that the pace would pick up and I would see some action soon. Been writing some new stuff too as inspiration comes in gasps and starts these days and spills on like a damaged oil vessel in the middle of the ocean, contaminating the clear blue waters of the mind. Searching for a publisher was done in a moment of such monolithic inspiration and I was at the point that if no one would accept it, I would publish it myself (I still would, oh I still SO would). I was really, REALLY excited about it when it started, but at the pace that things are going, I feel my enthusiasm laxing too. Sigh.....creativity has never been easy. Either you labor to invoke the muses or you labor to get published. I'm not the only one. Throughout history, it has always been a struggle for the artistically cursed. But, I do not intend on embracing the destiny of work being discovered only after death, no sir.

Note to self- Must bug publisher :P

Yes, yes I be rambling for quite sometime now. Sleep calleth and I shalt to my chambers. Nitey nite you beautiful people! Keep smiling and be happy always :)

No comments: