Friday, August 17, 2012

Dreams do come true :)

Yeeeeeeeey!!! Its finally IN PRINT!!! The hard part is done, now we wait!

My poetry collection, the long awaited one is finally coming out. Woke up one morning and made a decision to take matters in to my own hands and publish it by myself. Well, the publisher of course is Sooriya Publishers who was very helpful, very gracious in an age when all other publishers out there seem to have lost their faith in the poet kind. Point is, I did it, something that I never thought I would do and something that I had absolutely no idea how to do. You learn by doing they say. And I learnt, a whole truck load.

I learnt that there will be plenty of lip service but never enough work. I learnt that there will be people who will readily give you bucket loads of false hopes and just leave you in the lurch waiting for something to happen when in reality, you would just be wasting your time. I learnt that while many may claim to be your friends, friends in reality are very few. I learnt that unless I move my butt and get things moving, nobody else will move it for me (things I mean, not my butt). I learnt that nothing comes easy, that I will have to work hard to achieve anything worth the while. I learnt not to rely on others and not to trust too much. I also learnt that I should not delay anything in life no matter what and no matter how many promises are made.

I also learnt that I have got an awesome, AWESOME, awesome family and a boyfriend who will accompany me to hell and back. I also learnt that I've got awesome friends! I love you guys sooooo much!

The lovely ladies of the EWC, specially Mrs Vijita Fernando was there for me at the very beginning. I really wouldn't have known which end was up if it was not for her. Mrs Sybil Wettasinghe was being her usual darling self and was as excited as I was about my book! It was one nerve wracking ride but hey, I am now well versed in the fine art of publishing, which is pretty great.

Hoping to have the launch on the 8th September at Barefoot. Not because I am posh like that, but because out of all the places I checked, Barefoot proves to be very co-operative, affordable and the staff is super-duper helpful which is pretty awesome. Do drop by if you have the time, there will be plenty of poetry and music to go around.Will post when the time is confirmed as first I will have to get the books in hand which is due in two more days. Can't wait!

Tired, bed awaits. Novel also coming together nicely, but tonight it shall have to wait. I shall catch up on my long suffering sleep tonight instead of tap-tapping away. Nightey night everyone! Happy Friday tomorrow!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations Lady G! Thrilled to hear about the book and the launch, am waiting to read it. All the very best. (nothing to grouch about, no? You're running out of grouching material at this rate!!) a big hug from DF

Anonymous said...

I'm late to the party. Please give the name of the book and where it will be available. I'll be buying. -Frank

lady grouch-a-lot said...

Big hug DF! Hope to see you at the launch! Will post the date and time soon. Still working on that :)

Hi Frank, well apparently, you are not yet late for the party. The launch is coming up and you are most definitely invited. Will post the date and time soon as soon as I figure it out. Btw, the books's name is scattered and will be available at the Barefoot bookshop as well as the Sooriya publishers at Maradana for the moment :)