Wednesday, April 1, 2015

These rainy days

Rainy nights. Ooh I like this!

What I don't like is the pouring just when its time to get off work. I dislike mud with a passion. I dislike getting soaked after a hard day of work. I know, my relationship with rain is complicated.

Was stuck at work till a bit late today. Nights like this I rush home straight for mother's cooking. Nothing can replace that. Nothing.

After a warm wash, in my comfy pajamas, both feet up after having a full plate of mom-made rice and curry, I am a very happy girl :)

Afterwards perhaps, a nice mug of tea. Milk tea. With sugar. And a book for company. Oh I do love these solitary hours.

I have a certain quota for dealing with people per day. I can only deal with them until this quota expires. After that, I need to get away to recharge. Often time I do not feel like smiling or interacting at all. I need to be left alone when that mood strikes. This requires me to shut myself in my room and just read. Or write. Or simply, just be.

Yes I am a recluse like that. I often find company in a multitude of things and never feel alone when I am alone. I like my own company. It isn't too bad.

Completely random, something that irks me. Whenever I go for a client meeting, if it happens to be with a male colleague of mine, even though he happens to be my subordinate, the man is always assumed to be the boss and the only person who matters. Some clients have also been known to ignore me altogether right throughout. This used to happen quite a lot when me and my partner were working together.True that we both have our areas of expertise, but I often find people contacting my partner, rather than contacting me directly for matters pertaining to my area of expertise. I find this a bit insulting. Is it that it is assumed that a woman cannot hold responsible positions? Is it the general opinion that women are not strong enough to face challenging situations? Is it because women are not trusted to have the intelligence to handle complex tasks? Either way, it is rather insulting.

These days I have yet another preoccupation. My food blog! Finally, I have something of my own, something that I thoroughly enjoy doing. I am, in essence, a foodie and this is exactly the thing that I like to do. Cook, photograph, eat and blog about it! So far, it is going great. After all, nobody hates food!

Passing the bed time. These days I am determined to get at least 8 hours of sleep. I have my results so I intend to go on at it. Only tomorrow is a work day and after that, a long weekend that makes me smile just at the thought of it. Cz long weekend = sleeping in+cooking+just lounging about. Simply, bliss.

On yet another note, what I want to do most these days is just stay at home, lounge about doing nothing. My idea of excitement is great food and a great movie all by myself. What gets me all revved up is the thought of shopping for books and kitchenware. My celebrities are authors and chefs. Actors and actresses make me snort in derision and the mere thought of parties and etc just exhausts me. Am I growing old?

But come to think of it. I've never had a celebrity crush until Antonio Banderas. And then, Gerard Butler insisted on playing the tough man exterior - vulnerable interior Phantom of the Opera and got me all in a huff and a puff. That's it. I wonder if there is something wrong with me at times, to be so indifferent to the "heartthrobs" that everybody is swooning and salivating over.

Anyways, bed beckons and I need to answer when it does because I love it so. I am in a relationship with my bed. This is a relationship that had stood the tests of time, the only kind of true, unconditional love there is. We shall always be together. We are destined to be. Such, is my love for my bed, and all that it entails.

Yet another working day tomorrow, and a super stressful one at that. The only thing that stops me from going mad is the fact that it is only tomorrow that I will have to put up with. For now.






No comments: