Sunday, March 10, 2013

Of tight skirts and men.............

What is it with skirts and men?

Wearing a regular office skirt, not very short, perhaps a little bit above the knee and crossing the road is quite an ordeal I've learnt of late. It makes vehicles slow down and toot their horns while some even can't help but flash their headlights full on. Quite a few sha's and shoos and wolf whistles too. Wonder why one does not get so much attention when wearing jeans.

Of tight skirts and men, one has a lot to tell. I've caught quite a few men, belonging to miscellaneous age groups staring at legs eagerly, literally drooling as one of colleagues described a personal experience just recently. Perhaps waiting for a glimpse of a mysterious world beyond the material? I will never understand.

Well, its not really the tight skirts alone, skirts in general, whether it be long, knee length  three-quarter length  etc attract the same attention. The material that fully covers the lower region of the female body, thereby transforming it into a land of unsolved mysteries and undiscovered treasures intrigues the men way too much I guess.

Speaking of skirts, I accidentally overheard this flea-brained woman on some talk show on TV talking about how men AND women are both responsible for rape. She went further to add some catty comment about women wearing jeans for which the moderator counter commented asking how would Susanthika win a bronze medal for us at the Olympics if she were to finish the race tumbling about in a saree. I wanted to give him a big, tight hug then. This was a talk show on World Women's Day mind you. It made me sad. This is the opinion of the average majority, that women go about asking to be raped, abused and maimed. I wonder if she has daughters. I wonder if she would slap her daughter senseless if she happened to come home raped, her cloths torn, her skin tattered and all battered up.

I know I haven't blogged in a while. Guilty of sheer and blatant procrastination, that I shamelessly admit to, hands down. I was thinking, if my procrastination was ever turned into an energy source, it would totally solve the nation's fuel crisis. Hell, I think I would even be able to solve it for the entire world! And before long, America would be waging war over me too! Aww.........................*touched*  

And here goes the Lady, robes swishing n all on her daily chores. Well rather, her weekend chores. Monday looms like a dark, ominous cloud (oh wait, I like dark, ominous clouds). Well let me rephrase that. Monday looms like a, like a lasagna gone bad, and there are things to be done before I dive in, head first into the rat race again. Sigheth........... Have a great week people. Hugs and kisses (the eating kind you find in the supermarkets mind) :)

 






No comments: