Saturday, August 13, 2016

Chocolate cake and other stories

This week. It deserves a large slice of chocolate cake all on its own. Death by Chocolate. No, make that chocolate fudge cake. Now that I think  about it, one slice won't cut it, make it an entire cake. ALL to myself.

It's been an exhausting week, the crazy kind of week when one day it's Monday and suddenly, you are groaning from exhaustion while trudging home, dragging your battered body behind on Friday. My whole body is in physical pain and I'm emotional and I'm cranky as my womb is waging that horrific and terrifying war inside. There is a huge zit on my forehead that appeared out of nowhere this morning and it's not even a cute zit. Standing there all by itself looking a little forlorn yet managing to stand tall and proud all the same, it reminds me a little bit of myself - it's me against the world.

It's been sharp office attire and high heels the whole week and I'm sick and damn tired. I think I'll be in shorts for the rest of the weekend. I think women are amazing for doing all that they do, pulling as much weight as their male counterparts, even more at times, amidst raging storms, the many obstacles and hurdles that only women have to face in this accursed country, and all in high heels and tight dresses too!

Sometimes I want to leave it all and become a housewife. And then I remember I can't iron a shirt to save my life and therefore would be a terrible housewife. In fact I burned my favourite shirt last night trying to iron it and I still haven't gotten over the shock of it. I loved that shirt. It was a good shirt :( 

Well the only good part in this is that I get to spend two days in my maternal home, in my own sweet room and it has been absolutely magical. With nobody to bother me but my nuisance of a dog, good food and parental spoiling, this is introvert heaven. It's strange how things that you once took for granted later become rare luxuries - time with parents, Frankenstein who is more my child than a dog, my room and familiar surroundings. Don't get me wrong, I adore hubby boy and spoil him to bits and believe that I am a greater pain to him when he is around than he is to me but I cherish this alone time by myself. I need this time to recharge, to think, to collect myself. 

So here I am at 12 o' clock at night sipping on a cup of tea and typing my woes away. Life has never been better! Well, right now at least. 

Had to take a cab to work today in the morning and way back. Although two different cab companies, the only two I use now (I never use Sonit Cabs now because their drivers are leering perverts and knows nothing of respect and their customer service is no better. Ladies, it is NOT safe for a woman to ride a Sonit cab, even with several people accompanying you!) sad to say, they drive like maniacs! The morning one, Budget Taxi, drove at high speed over every road bump and crack on the road he saw (sending me, my shoes and my bags flying every single time) and used the break as much as he used the accelerator and I suspect that at times he used both at once! Think the bloody cow meant to scare me, seeing as to I was a girl (and as per most men girls are scaredy-cats. Boo hoo!). I guessed he likes hearing girls scream. I gave him right and proper instead for not driving carefully and threatened to report him - which I didn't because I was too exhausted at the end of it. The evening one - Kangaroo Cabs - was a little better and the fellow was nicer. Although he still drove like a hormone pumped teenager and sang along to Justin Bieber and 'No Promises', the ride was okay and relatively smooth if you don't count the abrupt applying of breaks and risque twists and turns. And no, he can't sing.

Today was a shock. I take cabs very frequently and today was the first time I experienced such careless driving. It was a shame because I've always trusted Kangaroo Cabs to be the most reliable with descent mannered and cultured drivers. And Budget Taxi has not been too bad either.   

Has an adventure park closed down recently? Because I think all the roller coaster and thrill ride operators are driving cabs now.

Life's crazy hectic and I don't know how time flies. But you see, the thing is, if I want something, if I set my heart on something, I always get it or at least go down trying. As my father has put to one of his friends recently who reported it back to me "My girl always gets what she wants. She's stubborn, she's strong headed but she doesn't wait around for things to be handed to her" which made me proud and happy that my father, my role model for life, sees me that way. He is no different, I think I got it from him. So much to do so little time but hey, getting there to accomplishing everything I've ever wanted in life. In terms of food blog we are golden. But more to be done, lots more to be accomplished. Ain't stopping here. 

I just wished someone paid me to just travel and eat. That's it. That would be my job and I'd be the happiest person on earth. What a life that would be! 

And I to bed! 1.29 AM and it's already Saturday. 

No comments: