Thursday, January 17, 2013

The art of wait

If there is something that I absolutely despise in the world that would be waiting. Whether it be waiting for photos to upload, dressed and waiting for others to get ready, waiting for a response to an email, waiting for a much awaited call, waiting till a much awaited day, waiting is a tedious task.

If I had it my way, I would annihilate the act of waiting from the world. I would take it off dictionaries, revise the lexicon, fine anybody and everybody who uses the word or practices the act. I despise waiting.

Why so whiny? I'm in the process of uploading some pics and they J U ST  W O N T  U P L O A D!!

Was watching the whole hullabaloo of the CJ affair on news yesterday. The Police were playing God Almighty when the media wanted to speak to the former CJ now evacuating her territory. While a chubby butter ball of a police personal (full of bullshit or just overfed on bullshit?) insisted that she is just a normal citizen now and therefore the media cannot speak with her, a media person asked the million dollar question - Does not an ordinary citizen have the right to express his or her opinion anymore? (heart sang for the sheer timely brilliant awesomeness of the question, traa la la!) Whoever asked that question deserves a trophy of world's finest ice cream topped with chocolate sprinklings, chocolate mousse, a large dollop of chocolate topping and 25 of the world's sweetest cherries. I felt like giving him a big, fat, sloppy kiss!

All that aside, the way that most media channels presented the entire ordeal to the public was just precious. Even Swarnavahini is sounding as hilarious as the ITN now, while they accused the lawyers of trying to create trouble and calling the handful of the bus-faced hired goons as the "general public" rooting on the appointment of the new CJ in front of the Supreme Court. The Darling says we must understand that they are all in it for the gain and that they should save their own necks first but it IS frustrating all the same.

Well I might as well forget the frustration and go munch on a chocolate or something.

Coming back to the earlier topic of waiting, I am changing my mind about rejecting the task. I suppose there are good kinds of waiting (No, I'm NOT talking about the irritating wait for photos to upload, which btw is STILL going on, Gaaaaaah!!) and just got reminded that I myself have got several delightful things to wait for and look forward to in the near future (Yeeyy!!)

But then again I learnt to take pleasure in the little joys of life from a very young age. Nothing new, just a fact of life.

I suppose we all need something to look forward to in order to get out of bed each day eh? Could be as small as the first gulp of tea in the morning or a big tight hug that will linger on for hours afterwards. Or it can be as big as a change in path, career, residence, country, etc. But is waiting the same as looking forward to I wonder. Whatever it is I suppose it's necessary. This I suppose is what everybody calls a "purpose" in life.

Yet I'm looking at the uploading tool and this little voice in my mind screeches : Photos, WHY YOU NO UPLOAD!?!?! (knives clanking at the back of head while nunchuks  clash against one another). Yes the Lady has had enough!






No comments: