Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Bat-shit grouchy

Not in a good mood today.

Have you ever had one of those days when you are as chirpy and sun-shiny as a dirty-dancing leprechaun throughout the day and you go about your work prancing around as if you've swallowed a rabbit or a kangaroo and it's quite happily kicking around in your belly and you're dancing to the tune? But then the teeniest tiniest little incident ruffles up your grouchy feathers,makes you put on that miserable wig of yours(remembered Shrek3 and Rumpelstiltskin which always makes me smile but today,it just didn't work) and you end up as glum as an overfed pig being led to be slaughtered?Well,its just one of those days.Its one of those days when a hug and a kind word can do wonders for you and you would absolutely die for a sympathetic smile or a loving word from someone that means something to you.You know that you are just so unforgivably pathetic for needing that affection so much and that leaves you feeling even worse.You feel like an abandoned puppy at a roadside,left there by the owner because he no longer wants him nor has the time to play with him and you are just huddled there in a corner,scared and lonely craving for that loving pat on the head,that scratch behind the ear that would make your tail go waggety-wag wag wag.Sometimes a little pat on the head,a little scratch behind the ear is all it takes for us to make it through the day....

.........which is why I always make it a point to stop by and spend at least a minute of my time on an abandoned puppy when I see one(which explains me huffing and puffing up the hill in quite a flurry and always end up being late for lectures).Its not just that I know exactly how they feel but I also consider them as the most adorable,the most precious little things on earth that could bring a smile to my face no matter what.I cannot bring them home(which I once did however until I got the red notice from my folks when the whole household got overpopulated with K9's.One more and my mother will probably chase us both out and the poor innocent thing will probably suffer more with only me for company because I just might have to steal his food for survival) I guess it feels good if you at least took a few minutes off of your tight/not so tight/jobless schedules just to make a stranded puppy feel cared for at least for a while.It is important that they know that the world is not so scary after all......It must be terrifying facing a daily stampede of giant people rushing past,on,over,behind and infront of you without even a mere glance at your direction,an meager acknowledgement of your existence,almost trampling you down at times.........

I actually prefer animals to human beings.They are the only beings capable of "unconditional love" as the jargon goes.A comforting hug is often not even asked for,they will come up to you,look at you with those adoring eyes that just express a million things(including "I'm hungry,I wanna pee and I'm just bored) but also conveys to you that you mean the world to them(even if you suck beyond human imagination in real life), knowing if something's wrong with you in an instant without you even having to utter a word and cuddle up to you without even a second thought.If that doesn't make you light up like a Christmas tree and make you feel like a hundred million dollars instantly,I don't know what would.One would quite vehemently argue that humans too are perfectly capable of "unconditional love",but I would happily stand on my head,balance 48 foot balls on each hand and juggle 23 kilos of frozen chicken with my bare feet the day I witness with my own two eyes an instance of human unconditional love.(note to self - gather up some frozen chicken,find 48 foot balls,practice standing on head and juggling with feet just in case)

How DARE anyone say that women are so demanding when sometimes all they need is a kind word and a big,tight hug to make their boats float? Surely,it's not too much to ask when the more filthy privileged of the lot take comfort in yachts,diamonds,sports cars,million dollar mansions and moisturizers with real gold flakes(spoilt bitches!) Oh well.....Nobody said that life's going to be fair.It never is.....



With that,a very grouchy Lady Grouchalot retires to her lair with a mug of hot tea which eventually does make her less grouchier but ends up keeping her up for the rest of the night......Life is not fair *sob*

No comments: