Monday, November 5, 2012

"Scattered" news and reviews :)

Thought I'd take some time off rambling and post two reviews that had been done on my collection of poetry "Scattered." Click the link below to find the review written by Mrs Vijita Fernando, the venerated writer who is also the current president of the English Writers Cooperative of Sri Lanka.

http://www.nation.lk/edition/literature/item/11356-economically-scattered.html


Then one of my dear friends, Ramindu, a writer himself and an avid reader with immaculate literary taste whose judgement on literature I most vehemently trust was sweet enough to do this wonderful review on the collection. I think he has caught on certain points that most tend to miss out on when reading the work. Click the below link to access his review.

http://lmakuthan.blogspot.com/2012/11/scattered-jayani-c-senanayake.html

And I believe that another review by Prof. Yasmin Gooneratne is to be expected soon. Shall post it here once that comes out.

And then there is the Public Lecture at the American Cultural Center that I am supposed to give this Thursday. I was invited to speak about my work and I accepted albeit rather nervously as I am not very used to speaking about myself. Not a huge fan of public speaking but I shall do it nevertheless, for my book's sake. You are very welcome to attend if time permits.


That for now is all I suppose. Have a great Sunday! Missing the rain though. Things are much more interesting when it rains. Sun has this way of draining the voluptuousness out of life. Its almost sterile like being in a hospital room :( 


No comments: