Thursday, December 9, 2010

Damp,damp,damp!!

Lady Grouchalot is coldddddddddddddd.Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! Damn this friggin' weather!

Everything is just so cold and clammy.Even my doggy poos who go out in the rain,roll all over the wet grass and what-not and cuddle up to me,smelling of wet grass,soggy fur and something else that I couldn't quite place.Even cloths that have not been taken out of the closet recently seem to have acquired a clamminess of their own which is quite disgusting really.Sigh.....I wonder when the sun would finally decide to come out.

Worst thing is,this cold,lethargic ambience seems to be growing in my system now.You snuggle in between the covers,wriggle your way in to the warmth of your miscellaneous bed things,cover yourself from head to foot(which managed to scare away Mother Dearest once when I was supposed to be out on an errand,but had fallen asleep on the job.Hehe...)hoping to get up once the chilly feeling in your bones has somewhat died down and get some work done.Which had never worked for me by the way.Like tonight.Jumped in to bed,followed the customary,ritualistic procedure of settling down cosy and warm and had drifted off to sleep(unintentionally of course) when I was "supposed to be" working on a particularly cumbersome project of my own.Only to be woken up by the Darling(who seemed to have developed my vampiric habits of staying up till the wee hours) who rang around 1.30am(bless his soul) and reminded me of the work to be done(You sleep kleptomaniac you!) And here I am,with my mug of steaming tea(of which the purpose was to warm me up) still awake at 4.15am,doing nothing productive in particular.Tea keeps me awake.Well,apparently.

The worst thing about work is that you will do absolutely anything to avoid it.My inbred procrastination habits do not help much either.I keep discovering new ways of avoiding work of which experimental cooking is my favorite.Which in turn is beneficial to all(as a result of which I turned out chocolate and cheese samosas today[ermmm....yeah] which turned out quite nicey-nice by the way :) ) Give me a buck load of assignments and I will turn in to the world's greatest cook overnight! Sigh.........

Uni has already started and tomorrow is supposed to be my first day as a fourth year(OMG,I'm in fourth year!! I'm in fourth year!! :O I feel so oldddddddd :( ) or rather today as it is already well past 4am right now.I guess I should get some sleep in order to show up in the morning,fresh and glowing,all geared up to face up to a phenomenally sucky,incredibly busy fourth year ahead.The worst part is,I would be missing all my buddies who passed out last semester.No more loitering around in the Gym canteen after lectures in swarms and wasting away over kottu,juicy gossip,complaints on life,assignments and everything in general,manic laughter that turns more than just a few heads and organising French club soirees till late :( Sometimes I wish I did a general degree so that I would be out there on the loose with the rest of the pack.Stupid special degree! I will miss them all so,so much! :(

But on the bright side,I still have my trusty bestie by my side without whom my life would be utterly insipid(Life would't be the same without your ponderings on life,men in general,blond moments,insightful views and wot-not girly.Mwaaaaaaaaaaah!) and a few other nutters who will be stuck with us on this special degree program for the rest of the year.So yes,hopefully it will be a good year ahead.Not counting the whole range of mountains of work to be done ofcourse.

Alrighty,off I go! Good morning everyone,hopefully it won't rain today :(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

@like!