Thursday, December 2, 2010

Rudely disturbed out of sleep :(

Lady Grouchalot does not appreciate being rudely awakened from her afternoon nap.In fact,she absolutely LOATHES it! :/

Its raining cats and dogs outside,its nice and dark inside and its the purrrrrrfect kind of weather for that ludicrous afternoon nap that not many of us are privileged to have nowadays.So an absolutely delighted Lady Grouchalot extremely psyched at this rare opportunity,jumps in to bed,snuggles in to her plethora of pillows and the like and closes her eyes against the rain which thumps sweet lullabys across rooftops and softly drifts off to the land of dreams.But then,a very rude,a very loud "Moo" from the streets drills across the sleepy eyelids and gets through to me and somehow manages to irritate me out of my blissfully sleepy state.Lady Grouchalot is very much peeved.To make matters worse,both my doggy poos start ruefully barking away at the cow mooing and grazing in the street outside the gate.Stupid cow! Muttering under my breath I turn over,block the noise from the street(and within)and try to fall asleep again.

Whoever invented the phone gets a generous lashing of Lady Grouchalot's wrath up next.The moment sleep over comes the "Moos" and the Bow wows and settles in at last,the phone decides to screech at the top of its mechanical lungs which she decides to completely ignore.Somehow sleep does not appreciate the shrill, rhythmic screams.As it threatens to leave me hanging,I convince sleep to give me another chance and finally settle in to have at least a two hour nap before I settle down to finishing that God awful research analysis again.

Which amounts to nothing,once again.Less than half an hour after I had (finally) settled in to that semi consciousness of impending sleep,I hear the honking of a horn at the gate and realize after a while(still in that half asleep state)that Mother Dearest has decided to come home early from work.Well,the gate obviously does not get opened by itself and there is nobody else to open it these days too,at which point I drag my wobbly reluctant self who was half way there at the land of nods out of bed,grab an umbrella and open the gates to let Mother Dearest in.

After that,no amount of counting sheep,cows,goats and ducks seemed to be able to drag me back to sleep.Sleep has left me it seems.Apparently it does not appreciate all these disturbances that always manage to wriggle in between us,some way or the other.After a while I drag my groggy,grouchy self out of bed,make myself and my mother who is happily chomping away on samosas that I had made in the afternoon(Yes,I have come to use cooking as a means of escape from assignments,projects and other insipid,unworthy stuff.ANYTHING to avoid that phenomenally crappy mammoth of a research that is plaguing my life!!!) some green tea with milk(another ingenious outcome of my experimental cooking and my piggish eating habits)and settle down in front of the computer once again.

Sigh......We live in one colossally rude planet :(