Friday, December 3, 2010

Power cut!!!

No power the whole day. Apparently, there had been a power cut.Well,how was I supposed to know?People should be warned in large scale about these things,and I'm talking LARGE scale as in door to door warnings,HUGE billboards and cut outs,TV advertisements,loudspeakers booming all over the town and such.

Funny how life screws u over exactly when the last thing on ur mind is getting screwed.And that too by the electricity board.I had planned on so much of things today,just to wake up and see them all gloriously bust up like fragile soap bubbles right in front of my eyes.For starters,I really needed to finish off that crap load of a research today over which I had slaved till 4.30 am this morning,hoping to catch a couple of hours worth of winks towards the dawn,get up and finish this epic battle of an expedition that I had started.But what do you know,that little blue light in my laptop was not blinking when I switched it on this morning(My laptop,which I so fondly refer to as my 'portable PC' only stays alive for a meager five minutes after it has been unplugged from a power outlet.It badly needs a change of battery.But then the beautiul relationship between my portable PC and I,that's another story for another day)

And then there was also this very important phone call that I needed to make which I avoided making last night(which I shouldn't have) because(according to my mother) it was not considered to be a descent time for a descent gal to make a descent phone call to a descent dude at that time of the night. Anyways,the point is,his phone number was actually lying around somewhere in one of my mails in my cherished Hotmail account(as I hadn't the sense to save it in my phone which too was,at this point dying due to the lack of charging) Apparently, decency does not get you anywhere.I shall be callously indecent,improper and careless from today onwards and you only got the electricity board to blame! Hmpf!

The day got off to a crippled start with my interpersonal relationships going down the drain(due to an unmade phone call)and I was feeling phenomenally crappy,drained and stranded in a world which suddenly seemed to have decided to very rudely ditch me behind and move on without me.I've been pacing up and down impatiently like a caged tigress,walking round and round in circles not really knowing what to do.My mind was,at this point,completely blank.And whats more,at the very peak of disappointment.Feeling abandoned,unloved,left out and alienated.Doesn't it feel like you've just swallowed a whole bottle of miserable pills when everyone and everything around you,even the ones that are supposed to make you feel good when times get rough,are making you feel infinitely worse?Somehow it hurts more when even your loved ones suddenly make you feel like a total stranger.

It's pathetic how dependent we have become on the necessary evils of the modern life, isn't it?But then,when you have an abnormally large mammoth of a research hanging over your head like a giant turd waiting to engulf you in its stinky goodness and you absolutely REQUIRE the necessary evils of the modern life to save yourself from all that pure evil gooeyness,who wouldn't panic?

I really should get a new battery for my laptop.

No comments: