Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Dancing through the flu

Lady Grouchalot wants to dance!!!

There,I said it! I miss my dancing and my feet are just itching,just wrenching themselves to do so.Just realized that after unconsciously shaking it a bit and then breaking out in to a full dance routine to a random song in my play list. I might be coughing and sneezing like there's no tomorrow but I still have fun dancing! What more prof do ya need???

Dancing is in my bones,it runs in my bone marrow,urging,tempting and irresistible.I cannot escape it.No matter how deep I burrow my head in my studies,no matter how fast my fingers run up and down on the key board,typing out assignment after assignment,project after project,sorting through one mess after the other,my feet just keeps on keeping the rhythm.Be it Latin,contemporary,jazz,flamenco,belly,fusion,I just miss that click of the hip and that clack of the feet and that soft thud of feet when you fly through air and finally land on the ground.Nothing short of orgasmic.

Dancing comes to me naturally.Like eating and sleeping,its a way of life.Although there are a few things I've learnt along the way.Like attempting a pirouette on a flight of stairs can send you hurdling down.Or that chasséeing in to a wall can be quite painful.You also cannot dance your way out of lecture rooms,inside lecture rooms and in the corridors,without expecting anybody to stare at you.Such is life.Sigh....

It's a good ting that at least my home folk have quite gotten used to my eccentric dancing habits though.But the ever changing domestic aids never get enough of seeing me sail through the house in one of my dancing frenzies that I get from time to time.Which is sometimes embarrassing.

It's a pity how we are trapped inside our own bodies when our souls just want to break free and dance isn't it? It's a pity how we are bound by duty,bound to earth.bound to walk,slither and grovel when we are meant to fly.I was meant to fly.Not to dig my way out of piles and piles of books that keep smothering me each passing day.Its suffocating.I shall not be suffocated.

There's nothing like hearing that moment of silence right after a performance,an awestruck crowd gazing on and suddenly that huge explosion of applause,hoots and whistles,proof that you've danced well tonight.It's a wonderful feeling,actually,it is the best feeling in the world,to be admired for what you are,for what you are capable of doing on that stage.Yet,it is not for the glory that you dance.It is the music that moves you.Every fold of arm,every stretch of leg,of neck,every fluid like movement of the body,the way that your thigh muscles tense and release,the way that your bones seem to disappear and your torso moves with snake like fluidity,you become a whole new personality up there.Saucy,bold and graceful,like a swan.

I envy those who are bold enough to pursue their dreams.I respect the ones who sacrifice their professional lives,education,social status and all that is deemed as prestigious and accepted by the society,by our parents,by the relatives and the whole pretentious clan.I guess I'm just one of the cowards who just wasn't brave enough to choose my passion over the other more insignificantly significant stuff and decided to succumb.

Oh well,I shall keep dancing though.

Although my golden days of dance are done,I shall keep on dancing for myself like I do often now.That lightness of body and soul can never be achieved by anything else I suppose.Which is why I still manage to dance my way through a horrible flu,a very runny nose and a physical condition weakened by fever and a chest heavy with constant coughing.Dancing shall always be in my bones.No amount of purging with literary theories,constitutions,confusing philosophies,human rights, amendments to the constitution,history of France,the French bourgeoisie,water logged courts,high courts nor supreme courts can keep me away from my dancing shoes!

"Nuff said! Its 1am and its time to dance! Achooo! Excuse me :)

No comments: