Saturday, January 22, 2011

Babies and stalkers.

Today was a day of babies.Everywhere I went,I kept bumping in to babies,babiesand more babies!

There were babies on each and every side of me in the bus today,so I ended up starring at this toddler who was squirming in his mother's lap out of sheer boredom when he suddenly turned and gave me this "what-the-hell-are-YOU-looking-at" look which was quite unnerving actually.He kept on giving me hostile looks which made me look up and notice the positively satanic,red eyed bus conductor who was sneering(and I mean SNEERING) his rather sharp looking,beetel stained teeth(that looked liked he had been snacking on human blood lately)at people.

Unable to keep my eyes fixated on that sight for long(for the fear of being devoured alive)my eyes once again fixed themselves on the infant in the seat in front of me.She was cooing and gurgling with her mother(I have trouble telling the gender of babies unless they are wearing something that signifies their gender coz they all look so much alike to me,all bald-headed,beady-eyed and toothless.So I knew it was a "she" because "she" was wearing something that resembled a frock and bangles on both her hands.Bangles!Honestly!) She had the usual perpetual surprised expression on her face that all babies have which is usually interpreted as "ooh!what's that?What's this?Can-I-eat-this?" and rolled her little alien eyes(some babies have eyes that are completely covered by their pupils that the white part of the eye is barely visible which gives them a sort of an alien look)and noticed,marveled upon and fantasized about everything in sight.That is when she landed on me looking at her.She takes one look at me,stares and starts laughing in this hiccuppy sort of way that left me quite baffled.I was actually worried that the child might choke,not to mention worried about the eerie nature of that bordering-on-manic laughter.Then there was this other infant in his mother's lap who was starring at me straight,without blinking,without a single expression on his face which once again left me feeling queasy.Well, at least the other one laughed.

It was a demonic bus ride home right from the bloody-teethed zombie of a bus conductor to the weird starring babies and I got off the bus pretty creeped out with eerie nursery tunes playing inside my head.I normally like babies,but today was just too weird.You never know what's going on inside their teeny tiny heads.I wonder what kind of nuisances we were when we were kids.Well,I wasn't much of a pain as a kid as I heard.I ate my food,slept when I should be sleeping and never woke up in the middle of the night and came running to Mommy Dearest complaining of monsters.But then I was a child who had preferred vampires to fairies,Edgar Allan Poe to Enid Blyton and Horror stories to fairy tales as a kid.I remember writing about funerals,graves and ghosts when all the other kids wrote about their pets,beautiful mornings and flowers.So yeah,my morbid taste for the macabre starts from a very young age as you can see.

I was stalked yesterday,and you must probably be thinking that I should be used to the stalker situation by now.It's a rather creepy feeling anyways when a vehicle would drive for a few yards in front of you,stop,wait for you to pass and then drive on for another few blocks or so and wait for you to pass continuously all the way home.I instantly switched gears to my break-teeth-crush-bones-mode and took my own sweet time to turn from this road to that and try to lose him which I eventually did.Two years ago it was this tattooed,pierced individual in his mid or late twenties(Mother Dearest positively freaked out at the mention of tattoos and instantly put me under 24hrs surveillance) and now,it's an elderly man in his mid fifties with a balding head with unnaturally black hair(the result of being dyed I guess) and an equally black mustache.Have I suddenly started being appealing to the old(er) generation or is it just a crude reminder of the fact that I'm growing old? Or have I simply started looking like the naive and gullible,stalker-victim material? Either way,bummer!

And I'm wondering why all these stalker types use black vehicles.Yep,both of em used black cars.To enhance the dramatic effect and the sense of mystery perhaps? Maybe even to glamorize the whole creepy-stalker scenario,who knows.And who cares.

Anyways,stalkers and babies aside,I'm quite satisfied with my thesis material and am beginning to get all cuddly-cosy with it,which is a really good sign.Yup,it does look like our darling Baudelaire and I are gonna be stuck together for life.

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO looking forward to Galle!!! With only a few days away I can barely wait! Too bad The Darling wouldn't be able to make it there though.Wish he was there.It would have been just divine cuddling on top of the Galle Fort,late night walks on the beach,the sun sets,the sea,music and the rest.....sigh....Galle is just so ideally romantic and you end up falling in love all over again.Romance just jumps out at you out of the sea waves,ensnares you and doesn't let you go.And then there is this other idiotic woman who also happens to be my best friend(among other wicked things) who absolutely refuses to come for GLF this time.Such a moron that one is.Last time we had so much fun,the sea baths,the late nights on the fort,sigh.....bliss.Gonna miss her so much this time.If it was up to me,I would bind and gag her,fold her up,shove her in my travelling bag(never mind the fact that it'l weigh 60kgs+) and drag her there somehow(will have to find a goods carrier,but never mind),disregarding the fact that I shall be killed by her hubby dearest in return.Sigh......Oh well....There will be no one to aim rocks at innocent little crabs below in the hope of killing some so that she could have them for lunch.There won't be anyone to cry out mutton at the sight of unsuspecting herds of adorable goats grazing,minding their own business.I shall miss her so very much (*ducks a well-aimed kick and flees as a certain disgruntled female chases after her yelling blue murder*)  :P

I'm feeling sleepy suddenly.Should grab a nap soon before Mommy Dearest yells out dinner.Have a pleasant evening everyone! :)

No comments: