Sunday, January 9, 2011

A grouchless post

This is not a grouch post.Actually,on the contrary.

This is a little note to take in to account all the blessings in my life which had made me in to what I am today(me being satisfied with what I am today)just to remind myself why is it that I feel lucky to be alive.This is for all you people that brings out the best in me and has always stood by me through thick and thin.Despite the coldness of the weather,I feel quite warm :)

This is for my family,loving parents who had always supported me,supported my judgments,my decisions,held my hand through tough times,carried me along when I could barely walk with fatigue.This is for my beautiful parents whose eyes had shone in incredible pride seeing me succeed,wept with me but stood firm and strong,breathed life when I lost all courage to go on.This is for my parents in whose eyes,I shall forever be a princess.

This is for my brother whose closure,despite the distance of many seas means the world to me,who had always so lovingly (and so bluntly sometimes) showed me my mistakes and what I'm doing wrong,always given me good advise(even at times when I didn't want to hear them) and had fully,completely and whole heartedly supported me in all nooks,corners,alcoves and declines of my endeavors(no matter how silly they seemed at the moment) and had always given the back up that I needed,always ready to smash a fist,break a bone on my behalf when needed.Yes,I do feel loved :D

And then there is this astonishing sort of human being that I tripped upon on my rock climb of life to whom belongs the weirdest of all food habits,the biggest heart that I know,the warmest of arms in which I find this ambrosial type of warmth,these incredible healing properties and brain splattering rejuvenating capacities which are more than capable of rescuing me out of the foulest moods,the crappiest days and most of all,the blackest of all black holes of woe and sorrow when times get pitch dark and there is no lamp post for miles in sight.It does not stop there.I remember cuddling up to his arms shivering with high fever,too weak to get up,move or do anything.I remember the  fever vanishing,a delirious mind being cleared of the confusing fog and  me scampering about the place,feeling better again in no time at all.Overwhelming is an understatement I guess.And then there is the bullying and the badgering.Yup,by hook,crook,grapple or angle he manages to get me up on my feet,fuel me up and set me on my way even when I absolutely refuse to budge my procrastinating butt off my comfy seat.Yes,he has his own charms you see.

Best friends to lovers is the way to be :)

Yes,I do feel blessed.I have all the love,respect and affection that I need and deserve right beside me :)

Just came back after watching a tribute to Master Premasiri Kemadasa on TV and went back in memory to the first time I tried a Kemadasa composed piece of music on violin and got hooked for life.I remember wresting with the notes,getting entangled in the violin strings,weaving my way through the bow threads and finally managing to pin it down with a huge contented grin on my face.Watching a Kemadasa symphony live had been one of my life's greatest wishes but I never got around to doing that.I was,however,lucky enough to witness the "Agni" opera about three years back which was one breath halting,astounding,goose bump raising sort of performance.His presence and the mastery on stage is just.....sigh....he is truly a musical prodigy totally and completely out of this earth and from somewhere seraphic yet so so real with a rawness and a solidity that is yet unknown to man or beast.I was downright miserable the day he passed away.I guess his music shall never grow old,it shall never wither away like many had come and gone before and after his times.It has a way of speaking to you in such intimate tongues that only your innermost thoughts and desires can comprehend it's depth and it's arduous zeal.It is raw passion on violin strings,it is grief flowing out of the flutes,it is the heart beat thumping out on the drums,it's the little pangs of anguish that springs out of those guitar picks.The originality,the authentication of it all just makes you scream,makes your hair stand on its end and ultimately sooths you,calms your senses like an abysmal meditation that surpasses the subconscious and everything else beyond human understanding and sense.There are a very few people in my life that I greatly respect and consider as idols,as people well worthy of worship and reverence.Master Premasiri Kemadasa is,was and will always be at the very peak of that list of very few people that I bow down low to this very day. Because not only was he a phenomenally gifted musician,he was a great human being.A human being that is more than worthy of God-like treatment which he did not receive during his life time.

Which reminds me,I should take up my violin again.I used to have such fun with it,it is the perfect sort of instrument to just close your eyes and play out your anger,grief,fatigue and indifference ever so eloquently.Must be quite rusted by now.

Anyways off I go then and finish off this not-grouchy note because I'm practically nodding off and I don't think I realize what I'm typing now.Good night every one.I shall have pleasant dreams tonight :)

No comments: