Friday, December 28, 2012

Christmas post

Christmas came and went. Wasn't as christmassy this time so there was no real sense of exhilaration as there usually is at this time of the year. Made Christmas goodies as usual, out of habit than out of enthusiasm and shared Christmas dinner with The Darling's family. Happy family time.

Grouchy as there has not been any worthwhile gigs or concerts to attend this season. The only highlight of the season was watching The Hobbit in 3D which was pretty awesome. Came home and watched the LOTR trilogy again. I have lost count of the times that I have watched that thing. Other than that things have been very much neutral.  

I suppose the apocalypse mania has not yet subsided. People are watching the skies for spaceships with bright lights while others watch out for red, yellow or fish rains. Now that war is over, we seem to miss it very much and try to find alternatives.

A nation of children we have become. They show us bright lights in the night sky and slyly increase the atrocities, the absurdities and the injustices that ail the country in the present time and age. And we succumb without fuss. I dare say we are easy to please.

The novel progresses slowly, 2-3 sentences a day which is pathetic. I'm just too lazy to sit down and type. Nevertheless poetry comes easy and lies around in scraps of paper. On top of all that, work looms. But I manage to finish all that in time. However, life is dull as we speak. Or as I type.

I'd like to go far away, help needy people, do something worthwhile, not for some snobby corporate purpose but for humanity.

The neutralness of neutrality. How very empty.

I guess I'm an adventure seeker. I need a new challenge.





1 comment:

Jack Point said...

There was a packed season in December - the Chamber Orchestra concert on the 5th and the Jesus College Cambridge on the 15th plus plenty of other carol services to pick from!